On July 4th, the GFA hosted a reception for ESHRE attendees to introduce them to the mission of the GFA and to meet representatives of the member companies. The evening started with the Keynote Address delivered by Dr. Robert Woolcott of Genea Biomedx. The theme of his presentation was Improving IVF Outcomes (see below video). Short presentations were also made by the member companies. Attendees were then treated to hors d'oeuvres and wines while they socialized.
Dr. Robert Woolcott is the Chief Medical Officer of Genea Biomedx and a non-executive Director and Board member of Genea. Robert has been a fertility specialist for 30 years, having personally performed over 6000 IVF oocyte collections and 10000 embryo transfers. Robert has a keen interest in globally improving IVF outcomes through automation and standardisation.
Additional presenters were:
- Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - Dr Jan Kirsten, Head of Fertility Technologies
- Illumina - Jeff Hawkins, VP and GM, Reproductive and Genetic Health
- Genea Biomedx - Tomas Stojanov, CEO
- ZEISS - Dr. Michael Gögler, Market Segment Manager Clinical Microscopy
- Hamilton Thorne - Keith Edwards, SVP and General Manager